Paper Bag Book Reports
Paper Bag Project
1. Make a book selection. Your book must have chapters. It must be approved by Mrs. Brown; or ask Mrs. Brown for a book.
2. Read the book carefully.
3. Fill out the book report on the next page. Use examples from the book to complete your answers.
4. Find four things that have to do with your book and put them in a paper bag (they can be pictures, things, toys, etc. Be creative!)
5. Bring your project to school on the due date.
6. You will give an oral report to the class. You will read your report, share your items, and explain why you selected these items.
Your grade will be based on the following:
1. Your finished written report.
2. Content – did you include examples from the story?
3. Conventions – spelling and grammar (You have the words available in your book and in a dictionary. There is no excuse for misspelled words.)
4. Was your reason for liking or not liking the book a “good” reason? Not simply “because”?
5. Oral presentation – fluency and volume.
I passed out one book report form in the October 21 Friday Folder. If you need an extra copy, you may feel free to print as many as you need using the link at the bottom of the page.
Tuesday – 11/22
Wednesday – 11/23